Monday, October 26, 2009

Old School Desk


Earlier this year I found a sad beat up old school desk sitting outside my local Bloomhill opportunity shop. It was begging for a new home and a good clean up. I could see beauty shining through and couldn't resist adopting another project. Everyone else dismissed its charm and thought I was crazy bringing home another 'piece of junk'. It was covered in stickers and graffiti but well worth the $40. I spent ages sanding back the years of dirt and grime, replaced the damaged shelf and gave it a few coats of lacquer. Shes finally finished and look at her now, isn't she beautiful! I have to say I'm a bit devastated that I didn't take a before shot to show my tables humble beginnings, but that doesn't matter. She will be cherished for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. What an extremely goodlooking desk that is.
    MY it's just lovely. Well done :)!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and opinions, they mean alot to me. <3