Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Japanese Street Fashion- cute nerd girls

I have always been hugely influenced by Japanese youth culture and street fashion. Their clothes are so cute and expressive. I love the uniqueness of their styles and how they express themselves through fashion. I wish I were as fearless to just wear anything I wanted. Even with my subdued style I feel as though I stand out too much here.

At the moment I am absolutely in love with these girls and their adorable nerd chic style. They are just too cute for words. I love their glasses, plaid outfits, bow ties, adorable hairstyles, pretty shoes and socks, subtle makeup and shy glances.

I like the girl with the scruffy hair the best, in both photos she's just darling. I'd really love a pair of little booties like hers and some cute round glasses.
Off to go do some drawing now. I feel inspired to draw cute little nerdy girls wearing glasses. Later I might make a pair of suspender sorts like these (below).
Photos from tokyofashion.com

5 comments:

  1. hey there!!!!cooooooooool blog!!!!!

    like like ur posts!!!!!!!

    great job!!!!!!!

    pls come visit me and join if u fancy:))

    kiss

    www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about Japanese culture is inspiring!
    Would love to see your drawings of cute nerds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought it was a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    This can be 1 of the top blogs I've actually arrive throughout on this subject.I liked this blog post.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! That girl is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu on the left in the top photo :3
    ..Anyway, I can relate to you saying "I wish I were as fearless to just wear anything I wanted." My style is influenced by K-POP, but I don't go "all-out KPOP" in school when I dress up cuz I fear criticism. ._.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and opinions, they mean alot to me. <3