Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ball Jointed Dolls


I love ball jointed dolls!

For those who dont know a ball jointed doll or BJD is a doll that has ball and socket joints which allows for movement very similar to a person. Their bodies are hollow and are connected with elastic. They can vary quite a bit, some are very realistic others more stylized, the number, location and design of joins also varies.

I came across these beautiful creations a couple of years ago and have dreamt of possessing one ever since. But unfortunately they are not exactly a cheap item to collect. These last few weeks I have been doing a lot of research into them and the process of creating one. Its not an easy task, the process is very time consuming but all those i have come across say that it is an enjoyable and rewarding journey. So I have decided I am going to give it a go. I know I'm crazy but I enjoy setting myself a challenge.

At the moment I'm still rounding up all my supplies but when I get started I'm going to try my best to document my progress and maybe create some tutorials to add to the info that's out there (this is assuming it turns out half decent). Because there isn't heaps of info out there and even less that's in English.

Wish me luck : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts and opinions, they mean alot to me. <3